Friday, March 11, 2011

1st birthday ideas

At Kelly's Korner, today's Show Us Your Life is Birthday parties. Macie just turned 10 months this week (what!?!) so obviously I can't show you her party pictures, but I thought I'd share what I'm planning. Her theme will be 'CowGirl'. I'm telling, you go on etsy and search for cowgirl birthday party. There is some of the CUTEST stuff, and so far, this is what I've decided on:

I ordered this shirt from IzzyBTees on etsy. I haven't received it yet, but I just thought it was adorable.


I also found this skirt, but my mom is starting to be quite a seamstress in her retirement, so I commissioned her to make something similar and she was excited to try. So I'll let you know how it turns out.

And I've given myself a budget of $200.00 for this party. Is that too personal to share on a blog? It feels like SUCH a large amount of money, but most of that is going towards feeding our family and friends, so I'm thinking it's pretty reasonable (especially since I just partnered to throw my SIL a baby shower that totalled over 500 dollars!). But that means I'm making most of the decorations for Macie's party by myself. I found these dye-cuts here at work (school) and I'm going to try to make a banner myself. Something like this:


I'll keep you posted as I plan. Anybody watching that 'extreme child birthday parties' show on TLC? I watch the re.al housewives of beverly hi.lls and I noticed that one woman spent $60,000.00 on her daughters 4th party. I suppose by comparison my 200.00 is pretty cheap. Anybody brave enough to share their party costs? Yikes!

1 comment:

manymanymoons said...

I think $200 is a perfect party amount. You only do this once and it sounds like you're cutting corners wherever you can. I want to come just so that I can dress up like a cow girl. :)