Thursday, August 28, 2008

28 days later, suckage.

About an hour after I wrote my last post I started spotting. Never a good sign. Now two days later, she's here... Aunt Flo. I can't say I'm shocked, but geez. What's a girl got to do to get knocked up around here?

So I called my RE, because this is our 3rd clomid cycle and we're supposed to sit down with the DR after three failed cycles. Unfortunately, the Dr is out of town until Sept. 11th. I want to be mad about that, but I suppose the man does deserve a vacation at some point. So fine. So since He's not even available until Oct. 2nd, (he only does consultations 2 days a week) I'm going to polish off a 4th clomid cycle.

I just feel like crying. It's almost not even about the baby anymore. It's about how stinking hard it is to get pregnant. For the consultation on Oct. 2nd I'm going to have to take time off from work. My husband won't be able to come because he's got football games on Thursdays (he's the head coach, he can't just put someone else in charge, and I knew this when I married him =) ). I'm just so upset that it has to be this way. The day you get your period is the worst. Mostly I think because you have to wait 27 days to be hopeful the next one might work.
The nurse at the Dr's office said I have to be patient. She said, if not this month, than maybe my name is on the list for a baby next month. I'm going to go fax that order in right now.

BUT, because I want to be positive. This is the last month (I think) that it would have been inconvienent (ha) to be pregnant with the insurance change over from my previous school district. Meaning I'm on my way to the benefits office to sign up for disability and income protection. Althought FMLA doesn't kick in until you've worked somwhere for 12 months. So I suppose After Christmas time would be the best time to get pregnant. But really, I'll take the inconvience now please!

6 comments:

Shelby said...

"What's a girl gotta do to get pregnant around here?"

I would like to second that question.

Yeah, I stopped caring about trying to get pregnant on the convenient school schedule a LONG time go because I would be lucky to have it happen at all. I'm sorry to hear about the failed cycle. Every AF is bad news and the promise of more waiting. I hate it. I'm heading into IUI #5 in a little while. Call me a glutton for punishment.
I hope your next one if the golden moment!

Lisa said...

Big hugs, Courtney. I know how tough it can be. You're in my thoughts.

Mel said...

Waiting 33, 34, even 37 days for AF to arrive...now that's even suckier! I feel your pain girlie!

I'm so sorry you're being forced to wait yet again. I hate to say it, but I'm not sure if it gets any better. I've wished away so many days, weeks, months during this IF journey.

Hang in there. And have a fantastic holiday weekend. *hugs*

Leslie Laine said...

Sorry to hear about your BFN - I know it can be hard to wait and wait and wait. I wouldn't even worry about the whole convenience thing - at this point, getting a BFP would be so amazing it wouldn't matter when it happened (or what you had to sacrifice).

Hope this is the cycle for you!

I Believe in Miracles said...

I just got back and read this post. I'm so sorry to hear this babe. It sucks. No other way around it. I hope this next clomid cycle will work and you don't need to worry about meeting with RE. Our RE makes me schedule apts in advance - maybe something you want to try next time - so we can keep the momentum with the 3 month trials. We've got an apt this coming Friday (12dpo) to see what the next steps are for this cycle.
I'd second the - what does a girl have to do?
**BIG HUGS**

Unknown said...

have you ever heard of egg freezing?