Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Change in Plans

I feel like the end of this cycle was messy. Not messy in the gross way, but I could never actually tell when my flow really started. I know it came, but this spotting and heavy spotting business is for the birds. (Sorry little birdies).
So I called the RE's office and decided to cancel this cycle and find a better time to meet with the RE. Now I'm not thrilled that this is a non-medicated cycle, but with 4 follicles for the past 3 months, 'perfect' timing from the hcg trigger shot, and lots of BDing, I don't know that I need to push it.
Mentally, I think I'll crack up if I try to push through one more cycle. Especially since I think the RE appointment will tell us if we're going to look at IUIs and/or IVF. I asked a while ago about the cost of IUIs and it really seems to be anywhere between 180 dollars and 2000 per cycle. If my Dr is on the high end, I may have to skip a few months and just go for broke.
That's right, IVF could be on the horizon. Now I'm going to be optimistic about the 'old fashioned way' but not niave.
Of course it all depends on the dear old Dr., but I'm thinking that saving money and a little planning could go a long way.
We'll just have to see I suppose.
Take care, and good luck to all of you at the end of your 2ww...!


I Believe in Miracles said...

You need to do what's right for you... and if a break/natural cycle it is, then I hope this break will provide a miracle!!

Would they have you skip straight to IVF without IUIs??

I hear you on the spotting. It is for the birds.


Shelby said...

Only take what you think you can handle, so if that means a little break, you'll be all the better for it!

kirke said...

I think it is good to know your limits. It's the only thing that is going to keep us sane in this adventure. Our doctor also talked about skipping IUI and going right to IVF. Better chance for success.