Monday, January 31, 2011

No Naps!

Yesterday was a fairly typical Sunday. First church, followed by a party. But it was one of my Sunday's playing in the band, and this means we're there from 8AM-1:00PM. Prime first nap time. Macie usually does well in the nursery, but her nap was pretty delayed. Eventually she slept from about 11:00-12:00.
Then, a friend of our is retiring to become a full-time worship leader and his wife through a surprise party. It was a lot of fun, but Macie missed the window for her second nap. I thought after I gave her a quick dinner at 5:00Pm that she would nap. But nope, she was awake.
Okay, I thought, I'll put her to bed a bit early.
I did, and she went to sleep, but starting around 9:00, she just cried! And then again, later. She cried! Then she slept for a few hours. Then again, around 12:30, she cried! For a long time! I actually went to check on her after about 20 minutes. But everything was fine, she was just fussy. I didn't want to pick her up, so I just rubbed her back and she fell asleep. 10 minutes later - she cried!
So I'm really chalking it up to no naps yesterday. If tonight is a repeat performance I'll do some serious investigating.
But for now, this is one tired momma, signing off...

No comments: