Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011

I'm jumping on the 2011 bandwaggon. Embracing a new year and a new beginning. I hate to call them resolutions, but in an effort to simplify it, this is what I hope to accomplish this year:
1. Eat at the dinner table.
Now that we have a little one, it's time to break the habit of eating in front of the TV. I don't mind the TV being on (baby steps), but I do want to get in the habit of sitting down and eating instead of balancing food on our laps. It's just silly. I want Macie to grow up with a good tradition of eating properly - and that means more than just good nutrition.
2. Loose some weight.
I'm not writing the amount, I'm just here to say that I'm still wearing maternity pants and I hate it. I'm hoping to just get pg again, but...nothing so far.
3. Speaking of PG - I'm hoping to be pregnant by the end of 2011. It's just a hope, I know God's timing is different than mine, but I'd love to have a baby in 2012. If a baby came in 2011, that would be fine too! But my hope is really to have a few more months to loose some weight and then get knocked up again.
4. Work less.
Like really, have less hours at work. As a high school teacher that would mean instead of teaching 5 classes I would teach 4 or 3. I started on this goal yesterday by talking to my Dean about it and he was open. I won't know until the spring how the numbers and school budget will end up, but I'm certainly looking forward to a possible reduced work day. I think it would be better for DH and I too, because I wouldn't feel so guilty for the times we do go out without our little one.
5. Post more frequently.
I've been doing this a little more since before Christmas break, but I mostly just want to have a record of sorts of the first years of Macie's life. I don't write things down at home, so if my lunch break works, than my lunch break it is!

I know there are more things I have to work on in life, but I don't want to overwhelm myself.

Here's to hoping 2011 is a great year for us all!

2 comments:

manymanymoons said...

They all sound like great goals. Good Luck!

Paula Keller said...

I would so LOVE to teach part time. I think that's kind of unheard of for elementary though. I can't imagine how that would work, since we pretty much hardly have time to even go to the bathroom.

Anyway, sounds like good goals.

And getting pregnant, woot!!!