Friday, February 25, 2011

On to the next?

I'm feeling torn about trying for baby #2. On one hand, how could I think about putting it off? I'm already 32 (not THAT old, but old enough) and it took us 3 years of trying to get pregnant with Macie, so what if it takes another 3 years? Ideally, we're still thinking of having 3 children, so shouldn't we get busy?
On the other hand, I'm finally losing some weight (21 pounds since January 2nd), and I have a long way to go. I'm about 2 pounds away from pre pregnancy weight. And about 40 pounds from pre-TTC weight. So to start from here again would be frustrating. AND, I'm just enjoying this girl so much!

She's 9 1/2 months, and I'm loving being her mommy! I think two years apart would be great!

But here is my dilemma that you all can weigh in on. We haven't used any birth control since Macie was born, but what if I did use birth control? Just until Aug. Would that be telling God that He doesn't know what's best for my life? But isn't that what I did before we even started trying? Maybe this is what all women in the 60s and 70s had to ask themselves once the pill was available, but I don't really feel good about either option. So for now I"m just enjoying my little one and if I got pregnant again I know I would be THRILLED, but I just also think I would probably be a little frustrated too.

What did you all do, those who got pregnant. Some form of birth control or just a free-for-all?

No comments: