Friday, February 18, 2011

University

Kelly at Kelly's Corner is doing Show Us Your Life-Alma Matters. I saw that so far no one had wrote anything from Biola University in Southern California, so I felt super compeled to represent!


College was awesome. I graduated in 2000 from undergrad and I lived on campus all four years. My junior and Senior year I was an RA. I love that this school has kept its Christian perspective for so long. When I was there, there were open dorm hours (guys and girls in each others rooms) only limited hours (6-10 on Wed/fri, 2-10 on Sat., 2-6 on Sun). It sounds so conservative, but the older I get, the more I appriciate conservative.
We went to the annual Christmas tree lighting this year and DH, Macie and I ate in the Caf, and it has changed so much! We were romanticising college, and how besides this time with each other, it was the best four years of our lives. DH went to Re.dlands University also in So Cal, but I call it a 'heathen' school (I'd say that I'm joking, but when I hear his frat party stories, I'm inclined to believe the 'heathen' part is mostly true!). But we both still had an incredible time living on campus.
As a high school teacher, any time I can suggest to a student to live on campus, I do. I know it's expensive, but it's an experience you just can't replace. You have the rest of your life to live in an apartment and pay rent, but to live with 300 of your closest friends...priceless!
I'm writing this on my lunch break at work, but I'll try to remember to put some pictures up later.

No comments: