Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dr. Report

Glory to God, we've got a healthy lookin' baby in there!
We went to the perinatologist today and both the ultrasound tech and the Dr. confirmed that the baby is big.
The brain symmetry is just what they like to see, no signs of hydrocephalus.
I wanted to cry just from the relief. I do believe a few happy tears squeaked out. Thank you everyone who prayed.
I've been trying so hard not to be worried about this dr. appointment that I now feel so relieved. I know anything can still happen, but I'm still trying to choose optimism about all things, not just this one instance of fear.
So now I can be optimistic about our baby shower this coming saturday. My mom and SIL are throwing it, and I'm very excited. My mom is so excited, I just talked to her and she was saying that she actually feels more excited about this shower than when it was her own baby. It's fun to see her so excited.
I'll post more soon, I'm just so grateful for our good news and I continually pray for you ladies and your families, present and future.

4 comments:

Carol said...

What fantastic news! I'm so sorry you had to go through such stress worrying about this but thank goodness the news was good.

Anonymous said...

Oh What a blessing!! Isnt God good to us?? =) I'm glad that you can enjoy your baby shower more now! Your mom sounds cute. =)

God's blessings... XOXO

Lisa said...

Excellent news! I'm so happy that everything looks fine.

Jersey Beth said...

I am so happy for you! Been thinking good thoughts for you all. Yeah!!