Monday, June 1, 2009

Distraction

hey everyone.
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'll tell you what, this is hard.
Going through a failed IVF cycle. It's really difficult. I don't think I appriciated how difficult until I went through it (of course) but I'm compiling all my thoughts and will blog about that later. For today, I was looking for something a little less mopey and found that Lisa at Preachman's Wife did this the other day and I thought it looked like fun. Here it is and there will be posts on my current emotional state later. Just know that it's constantly changing and hits me at the weirdest times. But until then...

The Rules:
1. Mention the person who tagged me.
2. Complete the list of 8’s.
3. Tag 8 bloggers & tell them I tagged them. (open for anyone who wants to join in the fun!)


8 things I am looking forward to:
1. Being a mom
2. Making my husband a dad
3. The end of the school year
4. DH getting home from class tonight
5. Swimming in the summer
6. Making dessert tonight
7. Playing in the band at church again (it's been 4 weeks!)
8. Spending time with good friends


8 things I did yesterday:
1. Went to church
2. Read the newspaper
3. Watched 'Up'
4. Cried 5 seperate times while watching 'up' and grateful that my 3D glasses hid some of it
5. Ate lunch at Costco (9.99 for 3 people!)
6. Played the Piano
7. Played the Guitar
8. Continued my re-read of 'little women'

8 things I wish I could do:
1. Understand why I'm not pregnant or a mother yet
2. Watch the first major events in the Space Race live
3. Clean up the house without thinking about it as a chore
4. Make dinner every night
5. Play the drums
6. Be a one-hit wonder
7. Have un-ending patience
8. Lose 25 pounds instantly

8 shows I watch:
1. 30 Rock
2. The Office
3. How I met your mother
4. Dancing with the Stars
5. Dodger Baseball games
6. Real Housewives of ... wherever. I'm not picky
7. Gilmore Girls Re-runs
8. West Wing Re-runs

8 favorite fruits:
1. Bananas
2. Strawberries
3. Cantelope
4. Oranges
5. Apples
6. Peaches
7. Tomatoes
8. Are Avacado's fruit? I forget. I think yes.

8 places I'd like to travel:
1. Germany
2. Prince Edward Island
3. Austrailia
4. Ohau
5. Florida
6. Denmark
7. Morocco
8. South Africa

8 places I've lived:
1. Diamond Bar, CA
2. Fullerton, CA
3. La Mirada, CA
4. Phillips Ranch, CA
... that's it. I'm going to change it to 8 places I've traveled:
1. France
2. England
3. Costa Rica
4. Kuai'i
5. Netherlands
6. Belgium
7. Spain
8. Dominican Republic

2 comments:

Mel said...

Just had to stop-by and tell you how darn proud I am of you girl. I admire your strength and the trust you place in God for His will to be done in your life...it's amazing.

But I also agree that distraction CAN be a good thing! :) Thanks for sharing this part of your "world" with us! *hugs*

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Enjoyed reading your blog tonight. I am still finding my way around blogland....I always love making new friends..I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by. Commenting automatically puts you in the drawing for the June giveaway.