Saturday, May 19, 2012

8 Weeks

Miss Penelope you're 8 weeks old! 


 Here she is wearing a monogramed shirt we had done for her sister.  Is that the saddest '2nd' child thing you've heard of?!  Our last name starts with an M though, so I figure we'll tell her that's what it was for.  Ha.
 I know this outfit is terrible, but I love the expression she has on her face.  This was an outfit my mom saved from when I was a child.  I can't imagine that much lace!
Here is when we went to th zoo.  You can tell she was really excited.
Here are some general stats at 8 weeks:
You are out of newborn clothes and almost out of 3 month clothes!  You wear size 1 diapers.  You are a super sleeper, thank you!  You eat 5 times a day (you've been on a schedule for the past 3 weeks or so [breastmilk first for 5 min on each side and then 2 oz of formula, except 8pm when I give you 4 ounces) and once at night, generally around 4 or 5 am.  But that's still a nice night sleep you're giving me, from about 9pm until 4 am!  Once you slept from 9 until 8 am, I can't wait until that becomes regular.  When we're out late and you come home in your carseat I will leave you in there in your bedroom and you love it.  You sleep a lot longer than when we swaddle you (from which you break free pretty quickly).
I can't wait to get to know you better and get to enjoy your fun personality.  So far you fit in just perfectly. 
What else will I want to remember about you?  You smile freely.  You burp easily.  You spit up only a little at a time, but pretty regularly after each feeding. You've started cooing and your daddy loves it.
We love you Penny, you are a joy.

1 comment:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Awe. Precious. She sounds like a super good baby.