Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Break

I haven't posted because we've been busy! Today is the last day of Spring Break from work and it's been lovely, but we've definately been busy! Some good, some very sad, but very busy.

First, is that my Uncle died last week. He had cancer for the last 3 years and it was expected, but when a 52 year old police Sherriff who other than the cancer is very healthy dies, it's a tough pill to swallow.
The neat thing is that by all accounts he really accepted the Lord in his life before he died and there is confidence about where he is now.
The hard thing is that he had 5 children, 7 grandchildren and died the day after his 34th wedding anniversary.
So the funeral was last Saturday and it was awesome. There were over 100 uniformed officers who gave a salute to the casket and family as we walked out. Also, since he ended his career on the search and rescue air support division, at the graveside service there was a 5 helicopter fly by that was so touching I am welling up with tears right now just remembering it. It's a beautiful thing to celebrate a life like that.
But then, being 36 weeks pregnant, I was a blubbering mess for the entire cermony. No person likes a funeral, but being that I cry at EVERYTHING, I didn't stand a chance. I even brought in a water bottle and extra tissues because I knew I would be crying the whole time. It was a beautiful service.

Then Easter was Sunday and the whole family got together the next day. It was nice, because we got to rehash the beautiful cermony, but it's so hard that both my grandparents are still alive and watching someone lose their son...especially your Grandfather...geez.

Okay, on to some of the happier times...
I think DH and I just kept putting things off saying, we'll get that done over Spring Break, and now we feel like, man, if we don't do this now than we're not gonna get this done before baby girl comes.
So, it started with the nursery closet. It was a standard reach in closet of the 80s before DH got his hands on it. But he took all that out and put in the white wire stuff that you can get at hom.e depot. He did a fabulous job. Now, all the baby's clothes are hung and it's all well organized. That took about another day. Just spending time in the nursery figuring out where everything goes.
But then we realized that the master closet should be redone the same way to make more room. And true confession, until now, we haven't shared a closet. Anyone want to admit to that? We've been married for over 4 years and my husband has had all his clothes in the guest room. Now he volunteered for this, but since we have 3 bedroom house and it's been just the two of us, why bother smushing all our stuff together? Well now as I lie on the couch with my swollen feet up, he's finishing the master closet so we can share. I just hope I can keep in cleen enough for him now that we're sharing! No more clothes on the floor!

And then tomorrow is our last shower. It should be a nice time, it's being put on by the ladies at church, and I'm grateful. Then Sunday will actually be my last time playing in the band before the baby is born. It's just getting too awkward to play the guitar. It has rotated all the way to my side because my belly is so big. So I'm thinking it'll be the end of may before I play in the band again.

Then two more weeks of work (if I make it that long) before Maternity leave. Um, yikes. This is for real.
I have more to post, but I am feeling like this is a looooong post already, and most of you probably quit a while ago, but if you made it this far, thanks!
Happy April,
Courtney

1 comment:

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.