Sunday, August 7, 2011

Vacation and...

A heartbeat!
Sorry it has taken so long to post, I'm just getting used ot our good news!  We had a heartbeat at 6w3d and so far so good.  It's still a long haul, and I am being cautios, but each day that goes by without spotting is a huge hurtle as far as I'm concerend.  I'ts not the best picture, but it's what the doc gave us, it's the measure of the baby.  A grain of rice has never wreaked so much havoc on a human body (actually, it happens all the time), but again we are pleased and shocked and hoping this is not just a dream.


And then one of the reasons I"m not posting much these days is that we went to Lake Tahoe for a week in Nor Cal.  It was beautiful as always and lots of fun.  We were with friends and family and we chose not to tell them about our news, so I was a little more quiet than usual (seeing as how I was thinking about the baby every other thought but then couldn't say anything).  So this is another reason why this blog is so helpful, it's a place to share and be happy.  We're not waiting for a particular reason to tell everyone, I just have this image of being already in my second trimester before we share our news, and then the wait for everyone won't be as long.  ALTHOUGH, we already told my mom (she babysat while we went to the ultrasound), and then the nanny house-sat for us while we were on vacation and I got home and realized I left the positive pregnancy test on the counter in the bathroom.  Oops.  She didn't mention it, but I'm pretty sure she knows.  Ha.  The best laid plans.

Football coaching starts for DH tomorrow, and then the following week is teacher meetings.  I'm not dreading the school year, but I'm planning to enjoy these next few weeks before going back to work.

How are you spending the end of summer?

3 comments:

Paula Keller said...

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great way to end the summer!

Flower said...

That is great and wonderful news!!!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Yay, Im so excited for you guys!