Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Getting Closer

This Friday is our ultrasound.  I'm mostly confident, but every now and then I don't feel much of anything and my mind goes berzerk.  But then my boobs will ache and I'll thank God.  Whatever happens, I know this is in God's will, but it's still so weird.  I am having the hardest time getting over a 'planned, yet still unplanned' pregancy.  We were trying.  But...it happened!  And, no matter what the outcome, one reason I'm shocked is that for the 3 full years we tried before having Macie I never had a positive preganncy test.  Not one.  Just stark white and blank. 
And in March we had a chemical pregnancy (but still a positive test), and now this.  I'm actually 6W1D.  THat floors me.  God is so amazing, and has done such powerful things, but something as 'mundane' as creating a baby just blows my mind.  I don't know why our journey included all those years of no baby, I just know that God has given me the best family I could have dreamed of and it was all in His time and He is never wrong.  So we are praising God for this pregnancy, and working really hard to keep it a secret for a while.  For a myriad of reasons, but the biggest, is that our last pregancy was so long.  We told everyone at 7 weeks.  If we can wait until 12 or 14+ weeks, then there will be a little less waiting around.  (in theory).
I'll check in when I know more.  I'm doing another blood draw tomorrow in anticipation of Friday's ultrasound.

1 comment:

manymanymoons said...

So happy for you. I'll be praying for you.