Wednesday, February 29, 2012

37 weeks, Maternity leave

I am 2 students making up tests away from Maternity leave.  I just feel the need to shout it from the rooftop.  It's a very anti-climactic ending, and I don't know if I'll be getting calls from my substitute every other day, but at the moment?  NOT caring.  I have a dr. appointment in 1 and a half hours, and I'm trying to think about how once I'm there, I'll be done with work!
Have I mentioned the size of the baby?  At the ultrasound in December the baby measured 12%.  This is on one hand surprising, DH and I are not little people by any means.  However, her sister was only 7#6oz when born, so it's not like I had a huge honking baby the first time.
Last Wednesday I had a final ultrasound and baby girl was measuring at 7%.  So the doctor wasn't 'concerned', but did order an ultrasound for each of my next appointments.  So that does perhaps raise up a flag in my mind.  She just wants to make sure the baby is growing (as do I!), but they estimated that at 36 weeks she was 5 or 5 1/2 pounds.  If she gains half a pound each week, that puts this baby girl on track to weigh 7 or more lbs by due date (in 3 weeks!).  Also, Macie was 5 days late and was still only 7#6oz, so...I'm not too worried.  But I am anxious to see what the size is today.
This doesn't help me try to eat less either by the way.   It's not that I am gorging myself, but if given the opportunity to eat a cookie, somewhere my mind justifies this idea that I can't deprive baby, she needs all the weight she can get.  Ha.  As of last week I had gained 32 pounds total.  I really only wanted to gain 25, so I'm not looking forward to getting on the scale today.  I didn't do terribly this week, but even gaining a pound would be disheartening.   Do/Did any of you worry about getting on the scale?  That's the worst part of the OB check in my mind.

I'll update when I have a chance!  I'm signing off from work for now!  Bring on the moble blogging!

No comments: