Monday, February 27, 2012

Update

It's not that I don't have a lot to say, or a lot of thoughts, it's just that there is absolutely no time to write them.  Part of it is that at home I don't turn on the computer much, I just use my smart phone, and seriously, trying to write a blog entry on a smart phone (or Ipad) is so annoying.
So here I am, staying updated on all of your lives through Goog.le reader, but not updating my life. 

I have 2 more days of work before I am a SAHM until August!  I am thrilled and feeling ready.  Today during first period this baby girl was kicking me so badly I couldn't continue my lecture!  I think I scared the kids that I was going into labor, but it was mostly just funny.  They told me to 'kick her back'.  Those are freshman and sophomores by the way. 

I have such emotions about having 2 kids.  I am so thrilled and excited.  I really am.  But I just can't help but think that this time life isn't going to stop.  Having Macie was the center of the world.  Everything we did was centered around her and her naps and us resting while she rested...and now I know it won't be so 'easy' this time.  I say easy because having your first baby is not easy (no matter how many people tell you it is), but I am just thinking so much about how after giving birth, I'll be taking care of 2 little ones, mostly by myself (not that DH isn't a super help, he is, it's just that after a week, he'll be back at work).  I have friends and family that will help, but ultimately, I'm in charge.  (and those words are a little daunting for me to type). 

So I am due in 3 1/2 weeks, and excited.  I've got to get going even now (it's lunch at work and I have students making up tests who need me).
More to come!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Can't wait to "meet" your new little one! I understand your fear of going from 1 to 2 little ones. Praying it's a smooth and easy transition!

Paula Keller said...

Haha! Kick her back... Goofballs!

I imagine It will be a transition but it will also be awesome to have them entertain one another in a year or so. Seriously, I can't imagine only having one to entertain. Two girls-awesomesauce!!!

Also, I agree that blogging via smartphone stinks.