Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The first 3 days...

This is hard! I know how to be infertile. It's full of worry. And I'm finding the same is true of being pregnant (I can't believe I'm even writing that word down...this is unreal). I just keep worrying. Oops, I picked up something heavy, maybe I shook the baby loose. Oops, my boobs don't hurt as much as they did 5 minutes ago, maybe this is over.
I really meant what I said at the end of the last post, I'll worry later, but that little gremlin worry monster just keeps jumping back in my brain. I know that God has breathed life into this embryo and it's up to Him how long we get to keep it, but ... well... okay, there is no good excuse for worrying. It just happens.
I just keep reminding myself of all the happy stories of know of people IRL who once they see a positive pregnancy test it never crosses their mind that something could be wrong. I'm going to strive to be like that.
This is really exciting though, I've got to say. Being pregnant that is. So far, I'm a fan.

Oh, yeah, I also just got my beta results. 250.
I think that's good, the NP said they want to see anything over 100.

So woo hoo for now, I'm gonna go do some research on OBGYN's!
I hope you're all having a great week so far, and thank you for all of your kind words, this is quite a journey, isn't it?!

11 comments:

Jill said...

Do your best not to worry. God holds your baby in His hands and He is more than capable of taking care of him/her. Of course, don't be crazy and start weight lifting or anything!! :) I'm so happy for you. You have waited SO LONG for this and have been a prayer warrior for so many (including me!) I want you to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy!

And that's a great beta #!

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

I hope it sticks and you have an uneventful pregnancy.

Ashley said...

Girl, I think the worrying only gets worse!!! YOu just worry about something different;)It's crazy...just enjoy every minute that you have.

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

its tough to not worry, but dont let it get the best of you. easier said than done, i know!

cant wait to hear more betas and see that first ultrasound. welcome to the pregnant after IF club. :)

Flower said...

Great Beta.

Mom Genes said...

I enjoy keeping up with your story. He IS in control. Rest in Him. And...Congratulations!

Cady said...

It's so hard not to worry. I still do at times. I hope you have a nice, healthy pregnancy!

Finn's Mom said...

Here from LFCA. 250 is a fabulous beta! Believe me, I understand the nervousness @ pregnancy after IF. I'm going through the same thing now. I figure I'll maybe stop being nervous about it when the baby is 35 or so ;).

GL!

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Here from the LFCA... 250 is a great number!! Hand in there sweetie, this ride is even wilder then the IF one!!! Happy and Healthy 9 months!!!

Hugs,
Rebel

Melissa G said...

Congratulations!

Beautiful Beta!!!

HUGS!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Here from LFCA...

Congratulations! Best of luck with everything.