Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Random thoughts from a mother-to-be

Every morning I wake up and think, was that my last night of 'good' sleep for the next 6 months? 
How will my 22 month old daughter react to having to share me with a little sister?
What if something happens between right now and holding this baby.  What if God has taken us this far only to call the baby home?
Will I get to the hospital in time to have an epidural?  What if the second child comes super quickly?
How much will this new little girl weigh? 
Will I have the same breastfeeding issues I had with Macie?  Will I make more milk this time?
How on earth will I find the mental strength to go back to work in the fall, leaving 2 little ones behind!?
Will this baby be on time?  Tomorrow is my due date, will this baby make an appearance ...soon?

There are more thoughts, but I thought I'd share where my head goes most days.  Hopefully we'll get this girl here safe and healthy.  I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Paula Keller said...

Ah... you have the, "what if's"! You know, that Shel Silverstein poem? Which are only natural.

Everything will be ok. :) You'll be awesome! You're an old pro now!

I'm so very excited for you!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Wishing you a safe and easy delivery! Cant wait to see that precious babe!

Jackie said...

There is an old hymn by Annie Flint that maybe you have heard... or maybe not as it is OLD but it does answer your concerns about how you will manage with two babies and double the work load.

He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials He multiplies peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision,
Our God ever yearns His resources to share;
Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing;
The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.

His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.

I Believe in Miracles said...

I can't wait to see pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best wishes for a smooth and easy delivery. Enjoy your time off as much as you can.

xoxo