Saturday, November 21, 2009

17 weeks

I'm all caught up on my flu shots. My OB's office finally got the H1N1 vaccine so yesterday I got the controversial shot. I think now if I can make it two more weeks without getting it then I'm good. I read somewhere that's how long the immunity takes.
I'm not usually a flu shot getter, but being a teacher I'm around so many germs...and really, I've had so many shots in my life, why not just get another one? (just kidding).
One of my friends last night was asking me if the H1N1 shot hurt. I almost laughed. And I didn't because I don't want to be the snob who thinks that because she went through IVF she can handle most anything, but I kind of am the snob who thinks I've been through IVF, what else can you throw at me?
(B.T.W., feel free to remind me I said that after I've ranted on my blog complaining about how awful labor was... I'm sure that will happen, I deserve after admitting I'm a bit of a pain snob).
So now that's all caught up.
And thanks for all the tips about spotting, my next appointment is Monday, and I think I'll ask for him to check my cervix... just for peace of mind (?). I mean, just because I don't have to show the whole world my lady business doesn't mean I'm not wiilling to get undressed yet again!

Hopefully we'll schedule the big ultra sound for the next appointment after that. I'm counting about two weeks from Monday for that. Very exciting.

Also, My DH has a stethescope and I've been so entertained listening to the gurgling of amniotic fluid. I can't hear a heart beat, but I can hardly find my own heart beat with a stethescope, so that doesn't cause alarm (finally, something in pregnancy that doesn't cause alarm!). It sounds a lot like my husband's stomach when he's digesting food. It's pretty funny. Oh, and yesterday we went to Disneyland after work and DH went to the bathroom 3 times. I also went three times, but in a 3 hour period, we decided he's having sympathy urination. Ha.

I'm going to go enjoy a nice morning fire and get ready for a great weekend after I check up on everyone's blog. I hope you all are having a good weekend as well!

No comments: