Friday, October 3, 2014

long overdue update

Sorry to leave you hanging since March.  I actually did try to update a few times but blogger was being weird and I couldn't log it.
So, in June we did our transfer.  We had two embryos left and I thought we were having twins.  I was so surprised that we didn't get pregnant.  I mean really surprised.  I tested at home after 9 days and when I saw the negative I was shocked.  It took about 2 days to believe it really didn't happen and I started to hatch a plan.  I took a test a few more times and all negative.  So I booked a trip to Walt Disney World.  Seriously.  Husband and I have always wanted to go, and we really felt like we could afford it if we used his whole Summer School teacher paycheck - so that's exactly what we did.  By the time the RE called to tell me the test was negative I was practically packing our bags.
So we took a 4 year old, 2 year old and my mom and we flew to WDW.
We had a blast.
It was hot, it rained, it was an adventure.  We celebrated the family that God has given us.  We felt like it was the right thing to do for our family.  The girls had never been on a plane and we knew that the school year would be busy, so we just went for it.  I think it will be a trip we'll always be glad we took.  Penny may not remember it, but the rest of us sure will. :)

As for the future with babies, I definitely would welcome another child, but in no way do I feel sad.  I've said over and over that God gave us the exact children he wanted us to have at the exact right time He wanted.  It wasn't on my schedule, but that doesn't mean it's not more than I imagined it would be.

I'd love to know who is still reading this (if you can count 2 posts a year a blog!).  Leave a comment!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry it didn't work, but what a great trip. It sounds so fun. I am a horrible poster too.

Ashley said...

I'm reading!
Sorry your transfer didn't result in a pregnancy. Sounds like you have a wonderful attitude about it!
Glad you had a great trip to WDW!

"B" said...

Your positive attitude is amazing. one of my favorite sayings is "It was meant to be" in regards to pretty much EVERYTHING:) we cannot wait to take our girls to Walt Disney World!

I Believe in Miracles said...

Reading on occasion... I'm thinking about closing my blog page as I don't post anything anymore.

Anyway. Sorry the transfer didn't work, but I can understand the closure and feeling like God gave you exactly the family you wanted/needed.

I'm so glad you had a great trip! I want to go there someday...

xoxo

Robbie said...

Sorry it didn't work out, but I think you are right about how God gives you what you can handle. Glad you had fun on your trip :)